[cdt-dev] RE: [cdt-patch] CView update

Alain,

Sorry for the slow response, as this is a background task for me and I've been swamped at home and work.

>> (1) Build actions shuffle
I read the docs for view contributions and understand this.  I'll need to check with Sean or read the code/docs to use a more elegant way of determining if the project is using the new build model than what I did the first time.

>> (2) CPatternFilters extends ResourceFilter
This I understand as well.

>> (3) CView extending ResouceNavigator.
I dug in to the code and this seems like a fairly large rework, as alluded by somebody else (sorry, can't recall the person) when the original discussion about doing this started. Also impacted by other re-work in ResourceNavigator as you stated.

I can tackle item 1 in short order, item 2 will take a bit longer and item 3 involves touching a lot of code, but is not that difficult. I think that 2 & 3 should be done at the same time because of the way these classes are inter-related.

Comments?  Sound OK?

gene