Re: [cdt-dev] Code Assist Questions

Alex addressed some of these questions for you, I'll take a crack at a few
more.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hoda Amer" <hamer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 3:22 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Code Assist Questions

> Hello all,
>
> I'm still unable to get the current code assist working for me. However,
> looking at its code I have some questions:

Do you have ctags installed and have it in included in your "path"?

> - Does the current code assist propose anything other than
> functions/function prototypes?

Yes, but not much more (macros and defines).  You can see in the processor
that there are "two stream" for the completions.  The first stream goes to
look
at the contributed function extention point to see if it can find an answer
and
the second goes to the indexer for a solution.  One of the things which
was/is
missing is the fact that given a position in a file, we don't know the