RE: [cdt-dev] Interesting "starter" work project

Here's a patch for the work I did on CView.

It does the following:

- CView descends from ResourceNavigator
- Update Pattern filter so it's compatible with CView's new parent class
- Update FilterSelectionAction to use ResourcePatternFilter
- Update FiltersContentProvider to use ResourcePatternFilter
- If something exists in the new build model for a project, use that to populate the build menu.

I created this patch using the tools in Eclipse, please let me know if the format is incorrect and I'll turn around another patch done correctly.

I'd like to continue working on this, submitting my changes as a bunch of smaller patches rather than one large patch, as Thomas suggested.  I'd like to work on the following:

- Remove references to CLibFilter
I think this is dead code now, but removing this changes some public methods that are referenced elsewhere.

- Fix the collapse all control
After collapsing all, this should be disabled or turned into an expand all.

- Improve drag and drop
Drag and drop works on a per-file basis.  I think it would be nice if you could drag and drop functions/classes around, sort of like a re-factoring operation.  This could get sticky because we'll also need to make sure referenced types are correct transferred as well.

- Improve filtering
I think it would be nice to filter on object types; for example, exclude #include entries in the tree view.  I would also like to see some visual indication that the view is filtered, indicating the number of items matched out of the population, akin to the Tasks view.

Of course, I'm more than happy to work on other things not mentioned.

Thanks,

gene