Re: [cdt-dev] The minor/minor version numbers on plugin versions

The automated build script actually changes all of the version numbers to
match the build number locally and builds with that.  It's never been my
intention for the build numbers to get checked in to CVS.  This may have
been an accident.  At any rate, the proper version numbers in CVS probably
should be 1.2.0 at this stage.

As a second point, I'm not sure why you guys need to run your builds any
more.  The update site is now being updated twice a week as per my
previous mail.  You should be able to get your bits from there.  If not, I
can take a look at what your needs are and try to customize.

Doug

Sebastien Marineau <sebastien@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/27/2003 08:48 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

"'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] The minor/minor version numbers on plugin versions

This is more a question for Doug... our releng folks are trying
to build the CDT head with our build scripts, and are running
into the following problem:

> The error I am continuously coming across is the fact that
> the org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests plugin.xml version number
> changed from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0.5 in rev 1.14.  If this change is
> correct the feature.xml files for the following features have
> not been updated to reflect this.
>
> org.eclipse.cdt.source-feature
> org.eclipse.cdt.testing-feature

Any ideas? I'm not sure how you handled the extra version numbers
in your build scripts for the update site -- if it's a simple matter
of updating the version numbers on these, then I guess it's easy...

Sebastien