[cdt-dev] CDT static code checking

Title: Message
          Hello,

     I've been playing around with Java static checkers, and here are some results for the curious. Attached is a report by JLint (on all CDT-related projects), with default settings. I also tried to use PMD plugin for Eclipse, which generated ~1000 messages with default settings (even though the default ruleset is somewhat limited), and much more with additional rules.
     Maybe we can adopt some of these lint-like tools (with a proper ruleset) for CDT. Together with JUnit testing, it nicely contributes to quality...

          /Vic