Re: [cdi-dev] Weld 5 CR release is now available

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 2:54 PM Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 at least last time I checked Java 18 still allowed "-Djava.security.manager=allow" (see https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411).

I know, but isn't that just delaying the inevitable? I mean, with some tricks you can still run applets today (sorry for coming up with applets all the time), but it doesn't mean one should, or that anyone should seriously support this.

All I'm really saying is that we had a ton of issues with crossing the JDK 8 to JDK 11 barrier, since despite that we all knew modules were coming, almost nobody prepared.

Now we know the security manager is going to disappear. So shouldn't we prepare for it, so that by the time it's really gone, we won't need half a decade or more to get our users passed JDK 17?

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top