Re: [cdi-dev] Weld 5 CR release is now available

Right, there has been no change to the platform spec or TCK at this point, so dealing with a security manager would be required. Even if we do decide to relax the requirements in the finalization of the spec and platform TCKs, we would not preclude implementations from supporting a security manager since it has not been removed from any available Java runtime.

On Feb 24, 2022 at 7:53:50 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This conversation does not sound like a specification issue, rather an implementation preference.  Shouldn't this be taken up with the implementation community?

Regardless, for EE 10, I do believe the specification has defined behavior for when a security manager is present.  There is no change there.  Even on Java 18 an implementation can launch Java with options to allow a security manager to be set, at least last time I checked Java 18 still allowed "-Djava.security.manager=allow" (see https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411).  That means even on Java 18 we must be able to function properly with a security manager if it is present.

Tom

From: cdi-dev <cdi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Matej Novotny <manovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 7:38 AM
To: cdi developer discussions <cdi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdi-dev] Weld 5 CR release is now available

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 2:18 PM arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi, On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 11:19 AM Matej Novotny <manovotn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: EE 10 is targetting JDK 11 and 17, so I am afraid I don't see how crashing ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd