Re: [camf-dev] Plugin is not working

Hi Danilo,

> On 16 Feb 2016, at 13:28, Danilo Cianciulli <cianciullidanilo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Nicholas,
>

>>> As starting point, I would be happy to deploy a single-node
>>> application, therefore there would be, as an instance, an EAR file
>>> that has to be deployed on an application server such as JBoss, which
>>> is running on a VM.
>>
>> Ok that would be easy. I assume you have a cooked VM image in your OpenStack cluster with JBoss installed?
>> If yes, then the EAR file can be added as a Software artifact - hence drag and drop it to your new VM blueprint
>> and it will be transferred when the VM deploys.
>
> This is exactly what I meant to do as a test starting point.

This is possible indeed, and we have completed it several times. To be correct, we haven’t played around with JBoss specifically,
but we have deployed VM’s on Openstack with different application servers running on top.

>> The *.infosystem.model.edit plugin is not essential to the build. Actually is not used currently. I will check the
>> our latest revision and remove it from the repository if that is the case.
>
> I'm still experiencing the issue concerning the "Cloud Information
> Tool" view. I don't know why, since the console does not show any
> exception about it, but if I exclude the *.infosystem.model.edit
> plugin from the launch configuration, the "Cloud Information Tool"
> view is not populated.

I don’t have this behavior on my local workspace (running on Mac OS X). I will try it tomorrow over a new clean workspace and report back asap.
The *.infosystem.model.edit plugin should not play any role in the build. Nevertheless, I will go over the dependencies to verify this.

>> To get things clear here:
>>        - Are you able to define correctly the Cloud provider preferences from the Preferences menu?
>
> Yes, I am!

Ok !

>>        - Can you create a Cloud project? I am asking this because you said “ …  can't access to already created cloud projects … "
>>                - If YES: when does the project content disappears? After Eclipse restarts?
>>                        - From which perspective can you create a Cloud project?
>
> The content disappears after Eclipse restarts, but it is still present
> into the workspace and I can access it from other Eclipse standard
> views, such as "Project Explorer".
> I can create a Cloud Project from any perspective but, due to this
> issue, I can do it only at first clean Eclipse start.
> When I restart Eclipse, an exception is thrown
> (http://pastebin.com/qJQTSnxx), and this prevents me from either open
> cloud projects present in the workspace (I've created on the first
> Eclipse start), or create a new one.

Again very odd. From the stack trace it looks like the Openstack information system endpoint
returns a NPE when getting the Nova URI. This is retrieved from the properties file where
the Cloud provider metadata are stored.

What Eclipse release are you using? Mars or Luna?

Our dev environment is based on Luna (since the project is still in incubation) and we haven’t tested it
thoroughly on Mars. This might indeed cause some issues, but I don’t forecast to be hard to fix asap.

> Regards.
>
> Danilo

Best,
Nicholas