[buckminster-dev] help with CVS

Hi there,

So I tried with little success yesterday to use buckminster in our local
environment. After a bit of investigation, I'm wondering if it has
something to do with our CVS repository?
As a bit of background, no matter what I try to resolve, I seem to get
errors like the following:

Found searchPath default for component org.demo.hello.xml.world
ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component
org.demo.hello.xml.world:osgi.bundle was found in searchPath default
  ERROR   [0001] : Provider
cvs(:pserver:leet@sam:/usr/local/share/projects/cvsrep,swt_root/scratch/leet/buckminstertest/helloworld/org.demo.hello.xml.world):
 No match found for component org.demo.hello.xml.world

After banging my head on my desk for a while, I thought I'd try to
eliminate possible sources of error so I elected to try a local setup with
the 'hello world xml' demo which I know works (btw - thanks Thomas, svn
works now!). I exported the resolved/materialized (from eclipse svn repo)
sources and added them to my local CVS for a test.

I made a local copy of the cquery available on our network with the
following contents (filename: hwdemo.cquery):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0";
resourceMap="http://sam/ide/updates/dev/hwdemo.rmap";>
    <cq:rootRequest name="org.demo.hello.xml.world"
componentType="osgi.bundle" versionType="OSGi"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

I also made a local copy of the rmap likewise, changing the provider info
to our local CVS (filename: hwdemo.rmap):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rmap
      xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0";
      xmlns:mp="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MavenProvider-1.0";
      xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0";>

      <searchPath name="default">
            <provider readerType="cvs"
componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle,buckminster" source="true">
                  <uri
format=":pserver:${user.name}@sam:/usr/local/share/projects/cvsrep,swt_root/scratch/leet/buckminstertest/helloworld/{0}">
                        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
                  </uri>
            </provider>
      </searchPath>

      <locator searchPathRef="default" pattern="^org\.demo\..*" />
      <redirect
href="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/rmaps/dogfood2.rmap";
pattern=".*"/>
</rmap>

So I get into my eclipse workbench and do File-> Open component query...
and enter my url. The CQUERY opens and I click 'resolve to wizard' with my
fingers crossed - and I get the error at the start of this message. It
looks like it can't get the component info for this component, right? I do
a local cvs checkout and confirm that the META-INF dir and plugin.xml file
are where they are expected and sure enough, there they are (see attached
screenshot).

I assumed this is everything that would be required for successful
resolution, but no joy...
I'm left to think that the only possible point of failure is the point at
which buckminster trys to actually get the component info from our CVS
repo. Can you suggest a test that I can try locally to try and
confirm/ruleout this option? Are there specific requirements for
buckminster CVS support?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Todd
AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.