Re: [ajdt-dev] building AspectJ + AJDT

Andrew Clement wrote:

The distribution under aj-build is what you want, you will
need to point the org.aspectj.ajde/build.xml at it for
rebuilding ajde.jar (when you start building AJDT).  You can
configure build.xml by creating an aspectjlib.properties file
in the org.aspectj.ajde plugin.

Cool. I'll try that tomorrow.

org.aspectj.lib should be built by AJDT so you should have that
installed in your 3.1m5 - there shouldn't be a need to alter the
aspectjrt_lib variable for that project.

I've added last public AJDT snapshot to my Eclipse runtime and aspectjrt_lib was build as AJ project correctly. One minor caveat - the aspects are in .java files, so the editors show lots of angry red squiggles. Renaming them to .aj remove squiggles and shows correct AJ outline. Something to fix in a future version.

Side note regarding java editor / aj editor split: aspectj supports declaring pointcuts and inner aspects inside java classes/interfaces. This provides quite elegant means of implementing the Participant pattern defined by Ramnivas in his book. As I understand these constructs won't be supported by AJDT - JDT Java editor will complain about them, no content assist will be available etc. even though they will compile correctly. OTOH Java5 annotations provide much cleaner way of implementing that patters, so this problem is probably low priority for now.

Rafal

Back to the top