Re: [4diac-dev] Handling of user defined variable names during export

On 05.02.20 09:04, Alois Zoitl wrote:
On Mon, 2020-02-03 at 08:35 +0000, Martin Melik-Merkumians wrote:
Hi,

regarding the tests for the exporter, you usually just check if the exported code is as expected. This could be then coupled in an integration test, where the test FBs will get exported and built with FORTE.
However then I think we would need also some kind of FB unit test.

Another option I have seen somewhere is to just export fragments (e.g., a for loop, an if, an ECC State) and check if the result is as expected. Not sure if
this is possible and valid here.

How about using plain LUA (not LUA-enabled FORTE) as an optional build dependency, and if available use it to syntax-check the exported code? That should already catch an important class of errors.

Functional testing of FBs will always need a full FORTE build, this is just like every other kind of function block. I would not regard this as an omission on the LUA side but as a separate, overall issue.

Regards,
--
Dipl.-Inform. Jörg Walter
Senior Researcher

OFFIS e.V. - Institut für Informatik
FuE Bereich Produktion | R&D Division Manufacturing
Escherweg 2, 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-729 / -282
E-Mail: joerg.walter@xxxxxxxx

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Oldenburg VR 1956
Vorstand: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang H. Nebel (Vorsitzender),
    Prof. Dr. techn. Susanne Boll-Westermann, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Axel Hahn,
    Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Hein, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Lehnhoff

Back to the top