Re: [4diac-dev] Handling of user defined variable names during export

Hi,

this is an interesting point. Especially as it would finally also solve our IN/OUT compilation problem for windows. Jose what do you think?

The only thing I'm not perfectly sure if there are any backwards compatibility issues.

Cheers,
Alois

On Tue, 2020-01-28 at 08:55 +0100, Ernst Blecha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> during working on the forte_ng export I came across the fact that all
> variable names are passed through without change. This might lead to
> name clashes or keyword conflicts in the future (e.g. if for
> implementing the for loop a temporary variable is needed, any name given
> to this variable might overlap with a variable defined by the user).
>
> I would propose adding a prefix (e.g. "var_") to all variables and
> interfaces, as this would remove the risk of unexpected name clashes.
>

> Best regards,
> Ernst Blecha

Back to the top