Re: [sprotty-dev] 0.14.0 Release

Hi Sprotty devs,

The sprotty 0.14.0 release is now available.

Best regards,
Tobias

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 10:56 AM Miro Spönemann <miro.spoenemann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Tobias,

I created the release

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ecd.sprotty/releases/0.14.0

and started the progress review

Thanks
  Miro

On 20. Jul 2023, at 15:08, Tobias Ortmayr <tortmayr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Miro,

Yes, feel free to make a release.

Great, then I will go ahead with the release. However, I discovered one issue:
The Eclipse Foundation's policy regarding release reviews seems  to have changed.
Release reviews are now deprecated in favor of progress reviews. A Eclipse Project has to
trigger a progress review once a year to be considered to "be in good standing". Without a progress review
we are not allowed to publish new releases. (https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#progress-review)

So I guess I have to trigger a progress review before we can do the release.

The only issues I’d like to address before a v1.0.0 release are these two:
https://github.com/eclipse-sprotty/sprotty/issues/235
https://github.com/eclipse-sprotty/sprotty/issues/236

My current feeling about these is that we should move these APIs to GLSP because they’re not used by Sprotty itself. But I would like to investigate this in more detail first, and it can happen after v0.14.0.

I agree, these issues should be tackled before the 1.0.0 release. But we can table this for now and look into it after the 0.14.0 release

Regards