[sdv-wg] Timeline for setting up the SDV working group

Dear SDV community,

As already mentioned in my previous email, today we have some important updates for you.

Please find attached our preliminary timeline to formally establish the SDV Working Group.
While this reflects currently our planning there is still the chance that we may need to adapt at a later time but at least it gives an overview into the next steps we plan to take.

Let me summarize (some) of these next steps

Next week
  • We will publish the Draft Charter and will start the enrollment process by sharing the relevant documents (Approved Draft Charter and the Working Group Participation Agreement (WGPA)) via this mailing list and make it available for download via our website.
    The Draft Charter will include all relevant information like membership- and fee-structures.
  • We will send invites for the planned PR alignment meeting on Feb 9th and the two community meetings (Feb 11th and Feb 17th) (see below)
    The community meetings are mainly for providing infos on the working group setup and Q&A

Week after
  • We will meet with all interested parties on Feb 9th to start the alignment on planned PR activities for the Working Group "launch" on March 3rd
  • We will hold the first community meetings on Feb 11th

Week starting Feb 14th
  • We will hold the second community meeting on Feb 17th

For more information and details please have a look into the attached timeline document

Finally I would like to take the chance to encourage you to think about projects you may want to contribute for the start of the working group. As we are targeting a "code first" approach there would be no better way to demonstrate this.
If you have such a project and you want to use the momentum of establishing this working group to contribute but still have some questions (e.g. on the relation between working groups and projects or project related governance) please reach out to me.

Any (other) questions please let me know.

Best regards
--Michael

P.S. I'll be out-of-office next week, so there may be a delayed response but I'll try my best to follow-up any questions.

Michael Plagge

Director Ecosystem Development | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH

M: +49 (0) 172 8688 326 | LinkedIn

Berliner Allee 47, 64295 Darmstadt - Germany

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 92821

Managing Directors: Gaël Blondelle, Mike Milinkovich