Re: [openmq-dev] Static Analysis and CS for OpenMQ

Hi Team,

I've got following message from sonarcloud:

The version of Java installed in your scanner environment must be upgraded to at least Java 11! We are ending support for older Java versions soon. You will still be able to use SonarCloud for your Java 8 projects, this change only affects the execution of our scanner, not the code your project is written in.

Here is how the deprecation will happen:

    Between the 11th and the 15th of January, you will experience a brownout where only the first scan of every project with an older version of Java will fail.
    After the 1st of February 2021, all analysis with Java <11 in your scanner environment will fail unless you upgrade to a supported version.

For reasons mentioned in https://www.eclipse.org/lists/openmq-dev/msg00115.html, we can't simply use JDK11 (MQ does not compile with -release flag nor without) to just perform compilation and analysis.
So I think one of 6.1 (?) goals could be build-with-JDK11 readiness.

But make-it-compile-with-JDK11 modifications are not enough. For example due to some incompatible changes in JDK itself (in java.nio.ByteBuffer.rewind to start with) MQ compiled with JDK11 (-release 8) does not work on JDK8. We have to consider this as well.

--
Piotrek

Back to the top