[openadx] OpenADx - Eclipse Working Group

Hi Everyone,

as we presented at the OpenADx Workshop #4 in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, we would like to become an Eclipse Working Group.

Why do we want to become an Eclipse Working Group?

The Eclipse Foundation provides a Legal Framework for Discussion and Collaboration:
  • to prevent Anti-Trust issues
  • a Legal Entity for common work, e.g., hosting/imprint of Website, domain ownership
  • a member neutral promotion organization
  • a funding body for common funded projects
  • a marketplace for idea sharing and solution provisioning
  • Application of Eclipse Foundation mechanisms like the open standardization process

Our Ideas we have therefore
  • Neutral Community Manager, organizing and fostering the community
  • Neutral Web Portal for AD solutions (including but not exclusively those provided by working group)
  • Commonly funded development projects
  • Commonly funded standardization projects
  • Tradeoff: Openness for collaboration vs. dependable planning and achievements in work packages

We think about two phases for setting up the working group:

  • Open Charter
  • Preparation of Working Group Collaboration and Charter
  • Initiation of First Work Package(s)
  • Process creation
  • Work Package proposals
  • Working Group Funding
  • Steering Committee and Decision Making

  • Phase 2
  • Final Charter for Working Group Work
  • Established Work Packages
  • Defined Processes
  • Steering Committee
  • Funding

I ask you to support us in defining both phases!
(I am currently in clarifications with the Eclipse Foundation, what will be the prerequisites for participating in Phase 1, so I will keep you posted!)

Please give me feedback, if you will join Phase 1!

Thank you for your answer!

Best,
Andy

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Andreas Riexinger

Chassis Systems Control, Product Management Automated Driving (CC-AD/PRM-P)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 13 55 | 74003 Heilbronn | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +49 7062 911-8264 | Mobil +49 172 7258214 | Fax +49  711  811-5111226 | Andreas.Riexinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz Fehrenbach; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Michael Bolle, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Christian Fischer,
Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel, Christoph Kübel, Uwe Raschke, Peter Tyroller

Back to the top