Re: [oniro-wg] Workshop Thnik Global Code Local

Hi Juan,

What is Oniro current status? Is it currently capable of building a Linux Yocto kernel to support TI am335x and iMX6 MCUS?

I also like to use Yocto Linux command line toolchains to build Linux Yocto kernel without using any type of SDKs, will Oniro or OpenHarmony support an ecosystem based on Linux command line without depending on SDKs?

We designed and developed two IoT devices, one IoT solar monitor Gateway with TI am335x MCU running Debian and another DIN type solar energy monitor with NXP iMX6 running Yocto kernel, both have WiFi and 4G LTE connections, I want to transfer both to run OpenHarmony Linux Yocto kernel for China market if Oniro OS is ready.

BTW, we are going to give away several hundred TI am335x MCU Gateway devices which are currently running Debian, contact me privately if you are interested especially for people in China.

For people working for Huawei, I heard a rumor that the future unified OpenHarmony version for PC and IoT will not support Linux kernel and only support the microkernels, I think one good OpenHarmony future is to support both microkernels and Linux, especially for PC and IoT development that the Linux kernel provides the foundation of using GNU and all open sources, could anyone confirm and clarify it?

Last, appreciate if anyone can point me where to download Huawei presentation videos of Using modern toolchains in embedded systems and Building a Sustainable Future through Open Source which in https://www.eclipsecon.org/session-tags/oniro but there is no link to download the presentation videos.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bing