Re: [leshan-dev] Leshan cluster

Hi Paul,
Neither HA-proxy, nor ningx  support UDP or CoAP.

This could solve part of scalability problem by offloading the DTLS processing of the leshan server.
This could be a good idea, but now the biggest challenge we have is the token matching for observe and this solution won't have an impact on it :(

In a second step that could be interesting, for example to use a more CPU optimised AES/TLS implementation like the one in OpenSSL and built a CoAP reverse proxy to use a load-balancer.
Now since we want both way authentication using per endpoint credentials (PSK and RPK) we need to pass the result of the authentication back to the backend server.
In HTTP world this is done by adding a HTTP header, we could imagine sending it as a CoAP option. So we need to build a CoAP reverse proxy able to change the CoAP messages.
But I see it more as a performance/infrastructure optimisation.

--
Julien Vermillard