Re: [kura-dev] Kura on wlan0

On 20/10/2014 2:07 PM, Woodard, David wrote:
Did you install Kura using the Debian package? The package has iw as well as other tools needed to manage Wifi listed as dependencies. This should be all you need to manage WiFi. You can try ‘apt-get install -f’ to see fix broken dependencies.

Yes, I installed it on the Kura machine via the Debian package. That output I was looking at was from a different Pi which had the wifi dongle plugged into it.

I sure have a knack for making things more confusing than they need to be, don't I?

Can you paste the output of ‘lsmod’? This should list the kernel module being used by your WiFi driver. Are you able to configure WiFi without Kura?

I am out the door to the airport in a moment. I won't be able to turn on the raspberry pi for about 24 hours or so.

Dumb question: how do you toggle starting Kura on a reboot? I haven't looked, but I'm guessing you have a script in /etc/init.d? Or are you using a different mechanism?

I have not seen a non-nl80211 device cause a complete lockup of a RPi. This would indeed be a problem. I am out of the office until Wednesday, but will check this first thing when I return.

No worries.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx