[jakartaee-platform-dev] EE 11 + needed Standalone TCKs for component specification ballots ...

The EE 11 release plan [1] shows various dates for the different Specification Waves [2].  Note that further changes to [1] are pending to be merged soon.

From [2] (see my added notes in [2]), I think we will need the Platform TCK to generate Standalone TCKs for:
  1. Annotations 3.0 (part of Wave 1 with review Feb 29)
  2. _expression_ Language 6.0 (part of Wave 2 with review Feb 29)
  3. Persistence 3.2 (part of Wave 5 with review March 29)
  4. Server Pages 4.0 (part of Wave 6 with review April 27)
  5. WebSocket 2.2 (part of Wave 6 with review April 27)
Did I miss any EE 11 component specs ^ that the Platform TCK has to generate Standalone TCKs for?

Also "to do" before the Platform TCK produces any Standalone TCK releases is changing the (1.3) TCK Process [3] wording as mentioned in issue [4] as the current wording prohibits us from producing Java SE only TCKs.

[2] Waves copied from [1] that use "Platform TCK" generated "Standalone TCKs" with my comments added

Wave 1

  • Jakarta Annotations 3.0 (TCK is generated from Platform TCK).

Wave 2

  • Jakarta _expression_ Language 6.0 (TCK is generated from Platform TCK).

Wave 5

  • Jakarta Persistence 3.2 (TCK is generated from refactored Platform TCK).
  • Jakarta Server Pages 4.0 (TCK is generated from refactored Platform TCK).
  • Jakarta WebSocket 2.2 (TCK is generated from refactored Platform TCK).

Wave 8

  • Jakarta Platform (Platform TCK is needed)
  • Jakarta Platform (Platform TCK is needed)
  • Jakarta Platform Core Profile (Core Profile TCK is needed)

Back to the top