Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Simplifying the platform by merging some specs?

On 3/1/22 6:13 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,
...Or "Why does Jakarta EE have two JSON frameworks, my favorite platform simply has JSON, and it works".

ability to parse the source is one use-case, ability to bind parsed result to Java object(s) is different use-case; do we want the "binder" to be required to implement or stick to one implementation of the parser OR do we want to allow "binder" implementations to work with arbitrary parser as long as such parser implements defined APIs - jsonp in this case? It's very similar to JAXP/JAXB

thanks,
--lukas

Kind regards,
Arjan