INTERNET OF THINGS: THE ROLE OF FREE AND
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE

http://files2.dlapiper.com/DLA_Piper_Web_Images_US/Header_Blue_2.jpg

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

http://files2.dlapiper.com/DLA_Piper_Web_Images_US/Header_Arrow_Blue.jpg

REGISTER TODAY

The Internet of Things will dramatically change business and business models, affecting the way consumers access businesses and the way businesses gather information.

DLA Piper’s Internet of Things group invites you to the second session in our series of one-hour webinars, this one looking at the role of free and open source software (FOSS) in the Internet of Things industry.

Accenture, in its report on the Industrial Internet of Things, has described software as the “connective tissue for value creation.” In this session, we will provide an overview of the critical role of FOSS in the development of the infrastructure of the Internet of Things and discuss FOSS licenses, the role of foundations and trademarks arising from the use of FOSS.

Subsequent sessions in the IoT series will cover such areas as connected cars, smart home, ehealth and wearable technology.

Speakers
Mark O’Conor, Partner, DLA Piper, London
Mark Radcliffe, Partner, DLA Piper, Silicon Valley
Philip DesAutels, Sr. Director of IoT, Linux Foundation
Ian Skerrett, Director, Marketing, Eclipse Foundation

Wednesday, May 20, 2015
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. PST
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. BST

Register Here

FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Venus Figueroa

Presented by

Presented by:
                                                    DLA Piper | Linux
                                                    Foundation | Council
                                                    | Global Corporate
                                                    Venturing | AllSeen
                                                    | Eclipse

This mailing is provided for informational purposes only, and the content should not be construed as legal advice on any matter. Attorney Advertising. Mark Radcliffe, mark.radcliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 2000 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, California 94303-2214, United States.

DLA Piper LLP (US)   |   000034135

https://dlapiper.vuturevx.com/email/94a6bcd4-b728-4094-a65e-82c4f6e29d98/analytics.gif

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.

Back to the top