Re: [escet-dev] ESCET project metadata
  • From: "Hofkamp, Albert" <A.T.Hofkamp@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 09:30:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=tue.nl; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=tue.nl; dkim=pass header.d=tue.nl; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=KKnja6Iy2bm9Y0FcS73Usfrtha9sY22kV/3JlE5BKpU=; b=crvWGEZOo7Ccd/8OJuuZZPdtbN08rpkwh/VtmDExoqAIjwLnKRlRiywyvgmjC60MAYPYBtwlc0F386ZW65z2G9HA9gTcnepTMlmRx2VIcuyQXt+GFNk+869kevMt89b9mJER6P99z+p+nc+Qbq9bQFOpFEKPlwIlqHxEedzMolbjg9EC7hZN6rL+NArD830G2Onfy3+Rv6jksNeyCgsVXnYCgEgcN6Dk+O3UqexWApivOefkyvLI5MaxCo84wXncjhoRwoDG8ThNlHuvVg+mZHlO2zf1Dm4zdB+V18TuyHqV+QOcZeP0kBpf7Y3p29WWmRFk5fxki5UZB2MKPYr92g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=WYIvbvy17jOHxxnFVeg7UpYNQ/gDHMbsZkzaUmf6vfP3buYL6p0mWD7Kpc/H1OqXJMnkEgtXFCv5h5rY0ewmR53eCEx7ZuJwArtVUsz8ENyonnF2Oq2srf6UVRAFsFpBSedHtAq9S3lY/7i2zNI2pLFJelLOCLGWdDreG1QFZXUA1p0tx7CKv8G2aBbJ08TjHc9Tn0bgyXE8r1+FW6OZWNrvBzFPDYcRuUNp7XwEnHdG4Am0+cGGGAc3/ABr+yPctfDRzXF0PYuLgj5EeTPnrqxb/9c3lrxDbqG6Q3x9WEU5Iydm3M4ZfAzUqytOf1fcnaWAYlpHNFDFGre+gl2Axw==

Good morning,

I have looked at it, and pondered somewhat about it.

Your proposal seems to delete text which is definitely +1.
The other comments are perhaps better addressed after the release.

On the other hand, there is still a lot of room to improve. Instead of trying to describe it all at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.escet why not make 2-3 line header there, and have a bunch of links to other pages, where one of them (the first one) is the advertorial high-level feature page describing why using the project is a good idea, that is,  how it helps you making controllers faster / more reliable / more flexible.

The "Governance" tab points at https://www.eclipse.org/escet/ as web resource, which is beyond horrible as a "welcome" web-page. While I can fully understand how the page came into existence, I think this should change. I don't know who reads "Governance" though.

In the "Contact us" tab, the forum link leads to an empty page, but that is perhaps outside our influence.