[escet-dev] ESCET project metadata

Hi all,

I've updated our project's metadata. You can see the result at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.escet, by checking out the various tabs on that page. I've added references to for instance our developer documentation, which is now online.

What remains is the description on the first page. It is outdated as it refers to CIF as the only modeling language. We also have Chi. I propose to shorten the description as well, as other projects typically have much shorter descriptions. If it is too long, people won't read it. We can refer to the website for more information. I propose to change the description on the first tab to the following:

"""
The Eclipse Supervisory Control Engineering Toolkit (Eclipse ESCETâ„¢) project provides a toolkit for the development of supervisory controllers in the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) paradigm.

High-tech companies increasingly adopt the MBSE paradigm. The use of (formal) models for controller design allows validation and verification of controllers long before they are implemented and integrated into the system. Early validation and verification have been shown to lead to less defects and reduced costs.

The Eclipse ESCET project provides a toolkit for the development of supervisory controllers. The toolkit has a strong focus on model-based design, supervisory controller synthesis, and industrial applicability, for example to cyber-physical systems. The toolkit supports the entire development process of (supervisory) controllers, from modeling, supervisory controller synthesis, simulation-based validation and visualization, and formal verification, to real-time testing and implementation.

For more information, visit the Eclipse ESCET website.
"""

Let me know what you think.

Dennis

Back to the top