Re: [cdt-dev] C vs C++ Projects

There are a couple of places I know that deal with C and C++ project differently. One is the parsing of header files (since they have the same extension whether they or C or C++) and managed build which will use the C++ linker in C++ projects (e.g. g++ instead of gcc).

Having said that, I have always thought that the new project wizards should be merged and the language choice simply a radio button. We'll have to see what comes out of the multi-language and see if they (we?) come up with a multi-language friendly solution.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Brad Jarvinen" <Brad.Jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/13/2004 06:53 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] C vs C++ Projects

What is the major reasons for having C and C++ projects separated?  I currently have the cnature and ccnature in my projects I generate for both C and C++ projects and the content assist seems to use the extension of the file to determine whether the file is C or C++ for code templates.

Is there a major reason I shouldn't use one project that includes both cnature and ccnature for both C and C++ projects rather than having separate C and C++ projects?

Thanks,
Brad