[adoptium-wg] Adoptium Working Group Elections - Candidates Announcement

The Adoptium Working Group nomination phase comes to an end with Enterprise Members going to elections.

This email communication introduces the standing candidates and provides an overview of how the election process will work:

Standing Candidates:

We are extremely pleased and excited to announce the candidates listed below. Please note each candidate's name contains a link to their biography. We encourage you to read about these candidates. And thank you to all candidates for your interest to participate.

Committee

Enterprise Members

Participant Members*

Committer Members*

Steering Committee

Murali Krishna Veeravalli (IBM)

Samir Kamekar (Canonical Group Limited)

Hendrik Ebbers (Open Elements)

Stewart Addison

* Note:  Hendrik Ebbers and Stewart Addison will be acclaimed to the roles as we do not hold elections when there is only one nominee.  Thanks to both for their continued support and congratulations!

Ballot Distribution:

You will receive a ballot if you are the company representative for an Enterprise member company of the Adoptium Working Group.

Election Information:

Eclipse Working Group elections are performed using a process known as Single Transferable Vote, which requires each voter to complete a ranked ballot. By ranked ballot we mean that each voter ranks the candidates in their order of preference.

The advantage of this approach is being able to elect multiple candidates at the same time which reflect the voters’ preferences.

The Eclipse Foundation uses a third party election system [1] that performs the election calculations.  Elections are performed with high integrity where a unique link is created with a random and secret access key for each voter.  Additionally, voter anonymity uses secret ballots ensuring voters’ choices cannot be linked to voters. Voters must rank all candidates and cannot award two candidates the same ranking.

If you are a standing candidate in an election, please know you can certainly vote for yourself! In fact, it is quite normal to rank yourself (or the organization you are voting on behalf of) as your #1 (highest) selection.

Ballots will be distributed on March 28th and the voting period will remain open until April 5th 2024.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

[1] https://electionbuddy.com/

Best Regards,

Zahra

--

Zahra Fazli

Membership Process Lead | Eclipse Foundation