Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] custom html tags

Mike,

Thx for your patch. However, the Eclipse process for patches is to submit them via Bugzilla. Please create an enhancement request and attach your patch there. An enhancement request is a bug with severity=enhancement.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Mike Schrag <mschrag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/29/2005 01:08 PM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions."

wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] custom html tags

I work on the WOLips project, which provides a set of a eclipse
plugins for developing with WebObjects.  WebObjects uses <webobject
name = "Whatever"></webobject> tags to denote where in the HTML
template component should appear.  In the current design, it does
appear to be possible to add custom HTML tags.

I needed to perform the following steps to implement support for this
tag, which required a series of (small) changes to the html.core:
1) extend HedFlowContainer with HedWEBOBJECT
2) extend HTML40Namespace with HTML40WebObjectsNamespace
3) extend ElementCollection with WebObjectsElementCollection, add
support for a new element node, and add WEBOBJECT to the list of
names of blocks
4) extend CMNodeImpl with WebObjectsHCMDocImpl, which uses
WebObjectsElementCollection
5) register a new CMDocument with HTMLCMDocumentRegistry that
replaces the default HTML CMDocument

The attached patch provides the fixes to html.core to allow that to
be possible.  Most of the changes are just changes in visibility so
that I can extend the necessary classes: