Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Regarding the Proxy Authentication

Hi Anshuk,

In the future, please post questions like this to the newsgroup. This mailing list is for WTP development.

The problem here is that the proxy settings in the preferences are for allowing WTP (the IDE) to access the internet through your firewall. These settings do not automatically apply to your external server or a server launched using WTP. Depending on which server you are using, to enable the proxy settings you'll either need to edit the external launch script for the server or edit the server's launch configuration inside WTP. In either case, you'd be adding the standard Java proxy system properties, e.g. "-Dhttp.proxyHost=..." to the launch of the server.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Anshuk Palchaudhuri <anshuk.pal@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/12/2005 09:28 AM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions."

"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] Regarding the Proxy Authentication

Hi Guys,

What I want know is that does the proxy authentication really work
properly in new the Eclipse WSTools.

Actually I was trying to acccess an external web Service using JSP
Page as a client and since I am behind the firwall i had to give the
Proxy Information.
When I am giving the same information in the JSP code itself
like System.getProperties().put("http.proxyHost","**************");
and so on.....its working.
but when I try to use the
Windows->Preferences->Internet->ProxySettings by giving the same
information it does not work.
And before that I enable the HTTP Proxy Authentication of
Windows->Prefernces->Install/Update

I have no idea why it is noy working....
Can anyone hlep me?

Anshuk