Re: [wtp-releng] Please fix versioning problems in WTP 3.6.0

Nearly all our version errors were caused by the CIB fix. In case people also need to make changes due to their CIB fix, here's a few notes:

1. Make sure your plugin and feature's pom.xml version matches your newly updated version
e.g. for updating org.eclipse.jst.server_userdoc.feature's version in the feature.xml file, the following needs to be updated in the pom.xml file
  <groupId>org.eclipse.webtools.servertools</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.eclipse.jst.server_userdoc.feature</artifactId>
  <version>3.3.100-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>eclipse-feature</packaging>

2. All our CIB git patches use 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT to reference the WTP version. It should be 3.6.0-SNAPSHOT instead (something to consider fixing at the same time as fixing version errors)
e.g.
  <parent>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.webtools.servertools</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.eclipse.webtools.servertools</artifactId>
    <version>3.6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../../</relativePath>
  </parent>

I hope this will help people avoid the tedious task of updating their pom.xml file's after fixing these version scan errors to have inconsistent versions.

Regards,
Steven Hung
Software Developer
WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools (WDT) - Server Tools
8200 Warden Avenue
Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7

T:
905-413-2899