[wtp-releng] Compile errors in org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core?

In the latest 3.3 build, there were a number of "illegal cast" compile errors in org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.

Was this due to a change in org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core?

I ask because I am fairly sure all the pre-reqs were exactly the same as previous build (where there were no compile errors) but I did change the version of our "base builder" which (mostly) means previously builds were compiled with a 3.6 based JDT compiler, but now are compiled with a 3.7 M4 based compiler. Could there have been a change there to cause this? Or a change in defaults ... former warnings now caught as errors?

Even though we do not have a "declared build" this week, I'd appreciate understanding this issue quickly (EOD Wednesday?), to know if we have a problem with our M4 deliverables ... or, if someone just casually checked in some code with errors?