Re: [wtp-releng] Heads up on JSF Test compile errors in HEAD (Indigo) stream for changes in Platform

Hi,

We will take a look at the compile errors in the JSF tests.

-Raghu

From: David M Williams [mailto:david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 11:17 AM
To: wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-releng] Heads up on JSF Test compile errors in HEAD (Indigo) stream for changes in Platform

While it hasn't shown up on a build.eclipse.org build yet, I've tried updating our pre-reqs to "near M4" and (after an initial issue with DTP, see bug 331884) the subsequent (local) build had compile errors in JSF tests such as those pasted below ... just some of those "mock" objects need updating to satisfy changes in platform interfaces, I'm guessing. Just  thought I'd give some quick notice, since we need to "stabilize" our M4 deliverable quickly this week.

Thanks,

= = = =

Here's a dump of what  current pre-reqs are, if you'd like to make a new target:
Eclipse SDK (Platform, JDT)eclipse-SDK-I20101130-0900-win32.zip or appropriate platform or equivalent
EMF and XSD SDK Combined EMF and EMF-XSD SDK.emf-xsd-SDK-I201012031543.zip or equivalent
GEF SDK 3.7 GEF Code and Source.GEF-SDK-I201011102050.zip or equivalent
DTP sdk v1.9 Code and Source.dtp-sdk-1.9.0M4-201012040500.zip or equivalent

Eclipse Test Framework (required only for Automated JUnit tests) eclipse-test-framework-I20101130-0900.zip or equivalent
Eclipse releng tool (required only for committers to more easily "release" code to a build) org.eclipse.releng.tools-I20101130-0900.zip or equivalent
Third Party code from Orbit. Not required and is currently much more than needed for WTP, but some committers like using to create a PDE target. orbit-S20101204061544.zip or equivalent

= = = = = =

    497 : return _ws.getBuildManager();
    63. ERROR: IncompatibleReturnType

    The return type is incompatible with Workspace.getBuildOrder()

    RealWorkspaceContext.java :

    501 : public IProject[] getBuildOrder()
    64. ERROR: TypeMismatch

    Type mismatch: cannot convert from IBuildConfiguration[] to IProject[]

    MockExtensionRegistryProvider.java :

    15 : return new ExtensionRegistry(new RegistryStrategy(new File[0], new boolean[0]), new Object(), new Object());
Source File: org/eclipse/jst/jsf/test/util/mock/MockProject.java
    1. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.getBuildConfigs()

    MockProject.java :

    22 : public class MockProject extends MockContainer implements IProject
    2. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.getBuildConfig(String)

    MockProject.java :

    22 : public class MockProject extends MockContainer implements IProject
    3. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.hasBuildConfig(String)

    MockProject.java :

    22 : public class MockProject extends MockContainer implements IProject
    4. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.getReferencedBuildConfigs(String, boolean)

    MockProject.java :

    22 : public class MockProject extends MockContainer implements IProject
    5. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.getActiveBuildConfig()

    MockProject.java :

    22 : public class MockProject extends MockContainer implements IProject
    6. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockProject must implement the inherited abstract method IProject.build(IBuildConfiguration, int, IProgressMonitor)

    MockVirtualComponentQuery.java :

    9 : AbstractVirtualComponentQuery
Source File: org/eclipse/jst/jsf/test/util/mock/MockWorkspace.java
    1. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockWorkspace must implement the inherited abstract method IWorkspace.newBuildConfig(String, String)

    MockWorkspace.java :

    37 : public class MockWorkspace implements IWorkspace
    2. ERROR: AbstractMethodMustBeImplemented

    The type MockWorkspace must implement the inherited abstract method IWorkspace.build(IBuildConfiguration[], int, boolean, IProgressMonitor)

Back to the top