[wtp-releng] Batch Build questions

I was reviewing the Batch Build document and have a couple of questions:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP/Build/WTP_Batch_Build

1. Why are we relying on Environment Variables to be set instead of using ANT property variables, that can be passed into the ANT build. Particular candidates for property files and ant properties are:

       LOCAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES_DIR to the copied properties directory
from the last step BUILD_CVS_READ_PROTOCOL = pserver BUILD_CVS_READ_USER=anonymous BUILD_CVS_WRITE_PROTOCOL=pserver BUILD_CVS_WRITE_USER=anonymous BUILD_CVS_SERVER=dev.eclipse.org SKIPUSER=true

All of the above can be specified as an ANT property and passed in when the ant build script is completed.

2. Shouldn't the ANT build script automatically check out all the files if necessary. As it is right now you have to do this manually outside of the build script.

3. Ideally only specifying the ant build.xml command line should be necessary to get a build. If we eliminate the Environement variables then we can use a standard property file if necessary to set these values....But ideally, they should be set by default, and overriden when necessary.

Dave

Back to the top