From: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M Williams
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 7:24 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] Performance Tests

>  - 2.0.2 I-builds - Do I refer the results of the 2.0.2 I-build to the 2.0.1 build?
>   Or, do I refer the results of the 2.0.2 I-build to the results of the previous 2.0.2 I-build?
>  - 3.0 M-builds - I will refer 3.0 M1 to 2.0.1. But how about 3.0 M2? Referred to 3.0 M1, or again to 2.0.1?

2.0.1.
We want a common, steady base measurement to compare against. It's no big deal if there's a little
week to week variation, but the goal is to improve (or, be no worse than) the previous release).
But ... I also think the base measurements should be re-ran each time the regular measurements are taken,
just to make sure the machine is in a steady state.

We could fix that archive issue if anyone thought worth it to use 2.0 as the base. That'd be my preference, but no big deal if too much work.
If it's just a matter of FTP'ing the zip files,
you can use the "mirror form" of the URL to get the file, and if not found on 'downloads' will automatically look
in archives. But, not sure if that's the issue you are having or not.

I also think it'll be easy to fix the 12 hour run time ... just take out any suites that are too long, open a bug on the subproject that owns it,
and let them create a more reasonable test. The total time should be no more than 4 hours, IMHO, and ideally just 1 or 2.  The regular
JUnit tests are about 30 minutes.

Thanks!