Re: [wtp-releng] Getting pde ant tasks to run

The WST and JST help regen is based on an ant script in each plugin. The JSF doc.dev plugin has never had such a script. Furthermore, it requires (unless I have missed a piece of automation somewhere) that API plugin, package and ext point data be manually added to properties files for it to be picked up.

I have the build working for Javadocs but am running into the issue I described with ant tasks when trying to activate the regen on schemas. I have based our build scripts on a copy of the JST ones. Note that we will probably defer check-in of the actual build scripts until post-2.0 however I want to get a clean gen created and checked in for release based on this system.

--Cam

John Lanuti wrote:

I could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure this is run and generated with every build. That plugin in the builds should have the latest content. There is currently a problem with the WST docs generating properly, but JST and JSF seem to be working fine. If you look at the built content, it *should* be the up to date latest generated docs.

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

*Cameron Bateman <cameron.bateman@xxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2007 06:46 PM
Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	[wtp-releng] Getting pde ant tasks to run

I'm trying to get a build script up and going to generate html docs from
ext-pt schemas using the scripts from jst docs as a starting point.  I
am running into an issue where the Ant build runner doesn't seem to pick
up Ant tasks defined in the Eclipse prefs.  Specifically, although it is
defined by default, pde.convertSchemaToHTML is generating the error
below.  I have tried adding the defining jar to the classpath directly
but this doesn't help and I can't find a way to declare the task to the
launcher directly.  Anyone have an idea how I can get this to work?

C:\dev\workspaces\pluginRefactor2\org.eclipse.jst.jsf.doc.dev\buildExtDocs.xml:15:
Problem: failed to create task or type pde.convertSchemaToHTML

--Cam