Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Build Status and smoke testing?

The WTP 1.5.4 build was also respun last night.   Here is the latest:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/drops/R1.5/M-RC1.5.4-200704260535/

Regards,
Keith Chong

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

26/04/2007 12:29 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Build Status and smoke testing?

So which build is the 2.0 candidate for smoke test this week?

The most recent one.

But
, those causing a build after the request-for-smoke-test has been sent are supposed to send a note to wtp-releng say why
they are requiring a respin. To fix blocking, critical, or regression bugs are usually good reasons ... but you have to let us all know what's going on!
We should not all have to investigate build diffs to figure out why you caused a re-spin.

In particular, please mention if your bug is of the type that others should not bother smoke testing yet, or if your fix requires other teams to re-smoke test.

We'll take more draconian measures if people do not abide by this simple, "just enough" policy towards rebuilds ... for example, we can simple
turn off the autobuild, and put in place an approval process? This approach also requires someone to actually check that no other changes were made,
except those that were approved ... and I would _really_ like to avoid it.

But .... if anyone would prefer the stricter controls, and the delays they cost, then feel free to say so and all the committers can decide.

I suspect these week was worse than most, since there were a number of very-broken builds due to new pre-reqs, new plugins/packages, etc.
(If not that, then it's just because John is traveling for a few days, and every thing turns to chaos without his constant shepherding :)

Thanks

Cameron Bateman <cameron.bateman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2007 12:00 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Build Status and smoke testing?

So which build is the 2.0 candidate for smoke test this week?  Three or
four integration builds have occurred since the declaration was sent.

--Cam