From: Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/25/2007 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0        Builds        -- When it rains, it pours ....

As Lawrence has indicated all of our j2ee.core tests are failing due to the missing xsd. - We are trying to decide our best course of action here....

Our other one failure is due to us adding a bunch of new tests this week, and we are currenty investigating.

Thanks - Chuck

Rational Java Enterprise Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/25/2007 04:15 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0 Builds        -- When it rains, it pours ....

With today's "emergency maintenance" at eclipse.org, something's changed with the intra-cluster communication so our build machine can not pull code from CVS.
Since I was on the road, I didn't find out till late, so while I've now sent mail to the webmasters, we won't know what's up till morning, so I'd guess the builds won't be
ready till noon or so. Either myself or John will send a notice here when a build is done that we feel justifies testing ... and that won't be one with so many JUnit failures!
What's happened? Please post here the bug numbers that describe the test failures and what the reason was, and what the cure was.

Oh and sure ... just because _one_ of those JUnit failures has been my fault, that is no reason to let yours linger :)

Thanks

John Lanuti/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/24/2007 04:22 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0 Builds

Reminder, smoke test tonight's 1.5.3 build and report results at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R15_012507

Reminder, smoke test tonight's 2.0 build and report results at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R20_012507

Attention, Failing JUnits

There are 12 failing JUnits for WTP 2.0 and 8 for WTP 1.5.3.  Please take a look at these tests:

WTP 1.5.3

j2ee.core, j2ee, xml.validation, and releng test

WTP 2.0

j2ee.core, wst.wsi, xml.vaidation

Please try and get these cleaned up before tonight.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861