Re: [wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0 Builds -- When it rains, it pours ....

David Lauzon has fixed the breaking ws-i test cases and he's looking into
why the xml.validation stuff has failed (thanks David).  We suspect it's
JRE 15 vs 14 related hiccups.  We hope to have this solved in the next hour
or so.

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

             David M Williams
             <david_williams@u
             s.ibm.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Webtools releng discussion list
             wtp-releng-bounce         <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/01/2007 04:15          Re: [wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke
             AM                        Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0 Builds
                                       -- When it rains, it pours ....

             Please respond to
              Webtools releng
              discussion list

With today's "emergency maintenance" at eclipse.org, something's changed
with the intra-cluster communication so our build machine can not pull code
from CVS.
Since I was on the road, I didn't find out till late, so while I've now
sent mail to the webmasters, we won't know what's up till morning, so I'd
guess the builds won't be
ready till noon or so. Either myself or John will send a notice here when a
build is done that we feel justifies testing ... and that won't be one with
so many JUnit failures!
What's happened? Please post here the bug numbers that describe the test
failures and what the reason was, and what the cure was.

Oh and sure ... just because _one_ of those JUnit failures has been my
fault, that is no reason to let yours linger :)

Thanks

 John Lanuti/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
 Sent by:
 wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                         To
                                            wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc
 01/24/2007 04:22 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                            [wtp-releng] Reminder - Smoke
         Please respond to                  Test Tonight's 1.5.3 and 2.0
  Webtools releng discussion list           Builds
     <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Reminder, smoke test tonight's 1.5.3 build and report results at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R15_012507

Reminder, smoke test tonight's 2.0 build and report results at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R20_012507

Attention, Failing JUnits

There are 12 failing JUnits for WTP 2.0 and 8 for WTP 1.5.3.  Please take a
look at these tests:

WTP 1.5.3

j2ee.core, j2ee, xml.validation, and releng test

WTP 2.0

j2ee.core, wst.wsi, xml.vaidation

Please try and get these cleaned up before tonight.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
wtp-releng mailing list
wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx