Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] How to make an XSL incubator build

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
I have never made a build myself, but I've just installed the releng plugin and would like to know how to use it. I have also checked out webtools.maps from CVS. I'm guessing that to make a build I right-click on xsl.map and go to Team -> Tag Map Projects, then enter a tag name such as v20080710 - is that correct? Will Cruise Control then just pick it up?

The project you need to check out for XSL builds is:

releng.incubator

This contains the xsl.map file that is used by the build system to generate the builds.

When you want to tag files for an I-Build, I do the following:

1. Make sure all of the xsl plugin source files are checked out into the workspace.
2.  Right click on the releng.incubator project.
3.  Select Team->Release
4.  Select the xsl.map file from the releng.incubator project.
5.  Select all entries in the xsl.map file.
6. Next-> then Select the Tag drop down box and select the first entry which should be the current date.

Next just follow the rest of the prompts. I typically enter a message saying this is an integration build.

One thing I try to do, is make sure that I've synched my local workspace with what is in the repostiory including the releng.incubator project. This way I know I have the latest code and then I try to run the test suite to make sure everything is running correctly. This helps keep the build clean.

I haven't tried to run a full build locally, but would be interested in knowing as well, where those ant scripts are located, as I may need to setup some local builds for some testing purposes on eclipse builds I'm working on.

Finally, what is the process for an I-build to become and S-build?
David Willilams typically makes this happen when we are ready for a milestone to go to the public. He can describe this better than I though.

Back to the top