Re: [wtp-dev] Are we done with 0.7.1 yet?

David,
in answer to a couple of your questions...

1. We have no active bugs targetted to "1.0 M0.7". Unless this changes, we no longer need to release fixes to 0.7.1.

2. The list of fixed Web service bugs with a target of "1.0 M0.7" looks about right. We have no active bugs targetted to "1.0 M0.7", and I have no plans to start targetting any bugs in our current backlog to it.

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2005 10:48 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Are we done with 0.7.1 yet?

Well ... I know we are not ... but I can summarize some remainging hygene needed this week.
Perhaps some of you know of other things?

1. Some plugins were declared as branched, but still say 0.7.0, instead of 0.7.1.
Please check, and reconcile ... either change and release in R0_7_maintenance branch

an updated manifiest.mf file that says 07.1 ... or ... let us know you no longer need to
release fixes there. (See list below).

2. Scrub your defect lists. There's curently only 23 bugs reported 'fixed' with 0.7.1 target.
Seem accurate? Take a look and be sure there's nothing missing.
Most important, if there are still bugs you know you need to fix in 0.7.1, please assign the
target to  M7.1 so we can easily query what's left to do.

3. Soon, we'll update the featues that have changed plugins to be 0.7.1 as well (that's
needed for update manager to work correctly).

4. We should start building 0.7.1 with Eclipse 3.1.1 (and updated pre-reqs) within
week or so.

[As far as I know, we won't formally "release" this until the base 3.1.1 and pre-reqs are done,
I believe that's "end of September" but hopefully we'll be done with the hard work way early and just
respin with final compilers and libraries].

Thanks,

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plugins declared as branched, but no 0.7.1 version

org.eclipse.wst.xml.core

org.eclipse.wst.rdb.connection.ui

org.eclipse.wst.rdb.server.ui

org.eclipse.jst.common.annotations.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.xdoclet

Plugins in 0.7.1 version

org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core

org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.ui

org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui