Re: [wtp-dev] WTP M2 Testing Results - RDB, Debug

Hi Arthur,

If you got that far, then the JVM was running ok and the JDT debugger was already able to connect to it. I've seen similar things once or twice when using Eclipse to debug other apps. The problem is either in that JDK, the JDT, or some kind of random network/machine issue.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/22/2004 05:15 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] WTP M2 Testing Results - RDB, Debug

I successfully tested the RDB tools connecting to DB2 V8.1 and the SAMPLE database. It worked but I needed a lot of handholding from Der Ping Chou. We need some tutorial info.

I did a little debugging of a servlet on Tomcat 4.1.31 using Sun JDK SDK 1.4.2  06, but hit problems when I expanded the HttpServlet request object. It hung Eclipse for a long time then displayed the message:

org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException: Timeout occurred while waiting for packet 937 occurred retrieving stack frames.

I am going to assume this is not a WTP problem, although it is conceivable that Server Tools is not launching the JVM correctly.

I vote GO, but we do need RDB tutorials and further investigation of the debug problem.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411