[wtp-dev] WTP M2 Testing Results - RDB, Debug

I successfully tested the RDB tools connecting to DB2 V8.1 and the SAMPLE database. It worked but I needed a lot of handholding from Der Ping Chou. We need some tutorial info.

I did a little debugging of a servlet on Tomcat 4.1.31 using Sun JDK SDK 1.4.2  06, but hit problems when I expanded the HttpServlet request object. It hung Eclipse for a long time then displayed the message:

org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException: Timeout occurred while waiting for packet 937 occurred retrieving stack frames.

I am going to assume this is not a WTP problem, although it is conceivable that Server Tools is not launching the JVM correctly.

I vote GO, but we do need RDB tutorials and further investigation of the debug problem.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411