[wakaama-dev] Call to action for existing committers - reviving Wakaama

Hello Wakaama committers,

As outlined in the current discussion about the state of the project [1] this project looks dead on the one side, while there are people interested in reviving the project and driving it forward.

Unfortunately, those people cannot work on the project, without support from the existing committers.

The proposal [2] from Wayne Beaton (and please correct me if I am wrong here) is that the existing Wakaama committers start an election to add new committers to the project, so that work can progress.

Also see: https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#elections-committer

The possible candidates to elect are:

* Scott Bertin <Scott.Bertin@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Reto Schneider <reto.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To be clear, all existing committters must participate in the elect process, in order to have a successful outcome of the process.

Please let me know if you need any additional information, or help with the process itself.

Cheers

Jens

[1]: https://github.com/eclipse/wakaama/issues/482
[2]: https://github.com/eclipse/wakaama/issues/482#issuecomment-700107207

--
Jens Reimann
Principal Software Engineer / R&D Product Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top