[wakaama-dev] Best practice of life time parameter

Hi,

Another question regarding best practice of server life time.

Have a device with cellular connection that periodically reports sensor
data to a lwm2m server.
When the device modem enters deep sleep, to save battery, it closes the
data context from the network.
Next time it reports sensor values we create a new data context and
opens a new socket.

Today we have the sensor report interval set to 30 minutes for example
and the
lifetime set to 60 minutes (twice the report interval). With this
configuration
the the lwm2m_step method returns a different value than our report
interval every
second time. This forces us to wake up and perform some registration update
just before the normal sensor report time.

Is there any preferred way to configure the lifetime?
We can of course set to lifetime to 24h or 100 times the sensor report
interval.

Any advice in how to select a proper lifetime compared to how often the
device
is intended to report the sensor values?

Thanks in advance,

   Henrik

Back to the top