[wakaama-dev] Wakaama based client not working with Leshan bootstrap server

Hi,

I have written a wakaama client which is very similar to the testlwm2mclient except for some platform specific functions for connection and my own 1024 object. I am unable to get this client to complete bootstrapping and talk to the leshan server. Here are my steps and some observations:

Step 1: Start the leshan-bs-server on port 5783 using $> java –jar ./leshan-bsserver-demo.jar –lp 5783 –wp 8081

Step 2 : Add client registration info using bs-server UI , NoSec

Step 3 : Run my client configured to talk to the BS server .

                Observation 1: I see that client works fine until it receives a call from BS server to change Server Resource /1/0 . My client replies with a 4.00 Bad Request

Here is the call stack at this step in Wakaama code.

I seems like the client is trying to create a new server object. Shouldn’t the server object created during initialization be changed at this step instead of a new one being created ?

Step 4: Anyways as you can see from the Wireshark capture that the BS steps do complete even with the error.

Step 5: Now when the next lwm2m_step() is called in the Wakaama client it comes back with an error 0xA3

Step 6: Inside lwm2m_step the client has the valid status of STATE_BS_FINISHED but it fails when it starts the registration at the below red line

int lwm2m_step(lwm2m_context_t * contextP,

               time_t * timeoutP)

{

    time_t tv_sec;

    int result;

    tv_sec = lwm2m_gettime();

    if (tv_sec < 0) return COAP_500_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR;

#ifdef LWM2M_CLIENT_MODE

    // state can also be modified in handle_bootstrap_command().

next_step:

    switch (contextP->state)

    {

    case STATE_INITIAL:

        if (0 != refresh_server_list(contextP)) return COAP_503_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE;

The testlwm2mclient works fine in this setup and also  my client has a similar issue with Wakaama Bootstrap Server.

Please let know if there is anything else that I should try ?

Am I  missing some configuration or setup on the Leshan-BS-demo-server for my client?

FYI my Wakaama copy is from 12 days ago, right after the reorganization of the Directory structure.

Thanks

Vibhor

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
This message may contain information that is considered confidential and which may be prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and then delete it from your system.

Back to the top