Maybe we can use regex.h (which is POSIX but not ANSI) or simply implement specific parsing ourself.

Since it's in the test client I think it's not an issues to include a POSIX lib.

Julien

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM Becker Markus <Markus.Becker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Julien,

I have been looking for the ] and then strip the [ and the ] off and then search on from there for the port. The way I was coding it, I was restricting it to IPv6 only, since that was what I needed. The more general solution might be a regexp as from https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#appendix-B .

Markus

From: wakaama-dev-bounces@eclipse.org [mailto:wakaama-dev-bounces@eclipse.org] On Behalf Of Julien Vermillard
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015 16:39
To: Wakaama developer discussions
Subject: Re: [wakaama-dev] Wakaama Issues: endless-loop, IPv6 parsing

Hi,
I think a bugzilla project exists on bugs.eclipse.org for Wakaama, but the mailing list is also fine :)
Github issues are disabled for eclipse projects (foundation policy).

Issue 1 was also found by a co-worker:
https://github.com/prieux/wakaama/blob/bootstrap/tests/client/object_security.c#L470
Should be fixed soon.
Issue 2 is a new one for me. I suppose for extracting the port we first, need to remove everything in the block "[..]" before looking for ":"

I suppose we also need to extract the IPv6 address from the [] block and remove the trailing '[' and ending ']'?

Julien