Re: [viatra-dev] Java 1.7 dependency in CEP - is it intentional?

Pushed to master. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Istvan

It's wasn't intentional. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll handle it ASAP.

Istvan

I was debugging the build failures on our external build server (https://build.inf.mit.bme.hu/jenkins/job/VIATRA2-EMF-Core/385/console), and I found out that at least the cep.tooling.core bundle depends on Java 1.7. What I am interested in is what was the reason for this dependency (considering the entire IncQuery platform below the engine targets Java 1.6.

Generally, I am not against increasing the version number requirements, but I would like to see what benefit it does bring us. As far as I know, Java 7 brings only minor features, which means, I don't see any general gain here, but of course I might be wrong. But if there is no real need for Java 7, I would recommend trying to make the dependency for Java 1.6.

Cheers,
Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz