Re: [viatra-dev] [458324] Build job restructure

In other words, I am in favor of removing both the emf and the '2' from the job names
What about the releng projects?
-org.eclipse.viatra.emf.parent
-org.eclipse.viatra.emf.target
-org.eclipse.viatra.emf.update
I think they should be renamed as well.

first of all, lets not copy existing jobs (unless really needed of course :) ). If I recall correctly, Hudson allows renaming jobs in a relative painless way, and that way, we retain the build history as well. Of course, this would break the hudson-based update site urls, but I don't think we should care about that.

To be more constructive: yes, the emf part in the job name is really misleading, and it is legacy now. When the job was created, this distinction was necessary to the build job of the VPM-based implementation (on the other hand, that job could also be turned off... :) ). In other words, I am in favor of removing both the emf and the '2' from the job names.

Cheers,
Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz