[ve-dev] Passing extra information to a customizer

I wish to be able to intercept the opening of customizers on Java beans, and to be able to pass them additional information

based on the location of a the underlying java resource in the eclipse workspace.

To this end, I have found the class

org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.core.CustomizeJavaBean

in the org.eclipse.ve.java.core plug-in.

In the run method I wan to invoke some extra code such as

IMethodProxy method = customizerProxy.getTypeProxy().getMethodProxy("setProjectLocation", new String{"java.lang.String" });

setObjectMethod.invoke(customizerProxy, new String{ projectLocation });

There does not seem to be any way of accomplishing this.

Moreover, I cannot subclass the CustomizeJavaBean class, override the run() method and substitute it for my new class, as the class is explicitly

instantiated by the JavaVisualEditorPart and JavaVisualEditorActionContributor classes.

Are there any extension points for contributing extra actions to the pop up menu on a JavaVisualEditorPart?

If so, what are they?

If not, then can anyone think of a simple way I could achieve my goal in this situation?

Thanks

Darren Hurt

Back to the top