Re: [ve-dev] Getting Live objects from IJavaInstance/ ComponentEditPart

Hi Rashmi,

You can't actually get a handle to the live JavaBean inside your Eclipse plugin, because it's not held in the same JVM.  The VE starts a separate JVM for the editor that holds the JavaBeans, however you can get a handle to a proxy object through which you can talk to the live object and do things like call messages and such.  The way to get the proxy object is

BeanProxyUtilities.getBeanProxy(IJavaInstance);

If you look at the VE tutorial http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-VE-Custom-Widget/customwidget.html and the section "Target VM and its APIs" you will see some more details on the target VM and how to access objects on it.

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Please respond to Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:        ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx