[ve-dev] NOTICE: All VE extenders who have written override, xmi, or ecore files for extending VE. An EMF change is coming.

This is to all VE extenders who have written override, xmi, or ecore files for extending VE. There is an EMF change that is coming. EMF has just made the verifying parser the default option. This means it verifies completely the format of the xmi file.

What you may need to do is to make sure that you have the following with the rest of your xmlns: attributes at the top:

This is because a few of our examples didn't include this. It wasn't strictly necessary before because it still worked, but it wasn't a valid xml file. The new verifying parser detects this and won't load the file.

If you used our conversion utility to convert your override files to the new ChangeDescriptor format, then those override files will be correct. This notice is only for files that you created by hand.

This just went out last week for EMF 2.2 12/08 build and so it will be in the next builds of VE too.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to the top